Soft, fluffy vanilla madeleines with a crunchy caramel shell… what more could you ask for as a sweet treat?
This is a very new blog so I am working on updating all of my recipe descriptions! In the meantime, you can still find the recipe for these beautiful caramel madeleines below!
|RECIPE (15 madeleines):|
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsps baking powder
125g melted butter
Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
1. Separate the egg whites and yolks in two separate bowls.
2. In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients together except the egg whites and salt.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites to soft peaks with the salt then stir in the preparation from step 2.
4. Scoop 1 tbsp of the batter in to a 9-shell silicone mould then bake in oven for 10 mins. Remove madeleines from moulds and allow to cool on a rack.
1. Melt sugar without stirring in a heavy saucepan on low heat until liquid caramel is formed (add 50g at a time to avoid burning the caramel)
2. Pour ¾ tbsp into each madeleine shell then press the cooled madeleines into them
3. Leave to harden in fridge for about 20 minutes before un-moulding.
*I recommend eating these madeleines within the 3 hours after they’ve set so the caramel stays crunchy!*
*Decorate with gold leaf for that extra festive touch!*
Did you try out this recipe? Any questions? Any feedback? Would love to hear from you!
Keep up with my latest Instagram posts by following @dessertsbyine!