A delicious, 3-ingredient mousse that can literally be whipped up in no time.
This 3-ingredient chocolate coffee mousse is quick, delicious and eggless ! I was looking for an Easter dessert to make quickly as I was feeling under the weather so didn’t have the time or energy to make the Easter cake that I’d planned (look out for that one next year!), and this mousse literally only takes 20 minutes to prepare plus 1 hour setting time.
As I always make sure I have cream and chocolate at home, I decided to whip up this mousse as Easter wouldn’t be complete without chocolate in my house! I also have a tendency to add coffee to most of my chocolate desserts as I just feel it enhances the chocolate flavour even more so – but feel free to omit the coffee if you wish, it would be just as delicious without it.
Furthermore, this is an eggless mousse! I know there are a lot of people who are little funny about fresh egg whites in their mousses – so this is a recipe for ya!
Decorated with gold spray and fresh flowers for the festive Easter touch – completely optional, but makes it more fancy 🙂
Hope you enjoy this quick mousse!
|RECIPE (1-2 servings):|
140ml + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
70g semi-sweet chocolate
1 tsp instant coffee
1. Place the chocolate, instant coffee and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream in a bowl and heat in the microwave for around 25 seconds. Stir until all is well melted and combined.
2. Place the (very cold) cream in the bowl of your electric mixer, and whisk on high speed until soft peaks form then stop. Do not over whisk.
3. Using a spatula, gently fold the chocolate into the whipped cream until well combined.
4. Pour the mousse into a serving glass and leave to set in the fridge for an hour.
5. Optional part: once the mousse is set, lightly spray the top with gold spray and decorate with fresh flowers.
Did you try out this recipe? Any questions? Any feedback? Would love to hear from you!
Keep up with my latest Instagram posts by following @dessertsbyine!